A domain name is a URL that is used to access a website located on the internet. In order to have a website that can be accessed by anyone you need to register a domain name (http://www.example.com)
What to think about when choosing your domain name:
- Make the Domain Unique and easy to remember
- Choose domains using either .com .net .org .ca
- Make the domain name simple to type and spell
- Keep the domain name as short as possible and avoid hyphens and numbers
- Avoid any possible copyright infringement with other popular companies
- Don't wait too long to register a domain name - someone else might take it before you!
If you already have your website domain name you are already on the right track!
A web hosting service is a type of Internet hosting service that allows individuals and organizations to make their website accessible via the internet.
It is important to choose the right web hosting plan for you. It is also at this stage we will ask you if you require email accounts. Email accounts come with your hosting package.
At Orillia ProNet, Inc we will often recommend a plan for you based on the requirements of your website. Click here
to see a list of our hosting plans.
At Orillia ProNet, Inc we can help you with the design of your website. Some clients come to us with a very specific look they want. Others are not sure and require suggestions. There is no wrong way to approach us as we will ask the questions we need answered about your website and make suggestions.
What can be helpful is for clients to see examples of other websites that are similar to their own. Look at your competition. Or simply look at other websites you find visually appealing. It can also be helpful to look at websites you do not like as examples.
Prepare a list of requirements you know your website might need, such as:
- Will my website be dynamic (changing frequently) or static (not changing frequently)
- Will my website have registered members?
- Do I want to have any eCommerce or online payment system?
- Do I want Social Media intergration? Facebook? Twitter?
- Do I want to be able to update the website myself?
to see examples of our Website Design work.
Before launching a website the final step is Search Engine Optimization (SEO). This is the process of gradually improving the visibility of a website in search engines via the “natural” way.
In many ways, this is the most important part of the website process. After all, the purpose of having a website is to drive traffic to it. We offer both flat-rate and customized monthly based packages. The monthly packages being more aggressive than the flat-rate. Click here
to read more about our SEO packages.
Once any SEO has been completed it is time to launch the website for everyone to see!